Thursday 9 December 2010

I love the way the cover picture of the Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas of the human body suggests patterns in the sand.

"I’ve always loved ambient music since I first discovered it (in the 1980s) through the pioneering work of Brian Eno, a musician who I greatly admire. Recently I’ve been introduced to the work of Cousin Silas, partly through my good friend Thomas Mathie (aka @headphonaught). Cousin Silas is not so well known as Brian Eno, but he produces some wonderfully evocative soundscapes. His album Adrift off the Islets of Langerhans is a great introduction to his work and can be downloaded free here! Apart from the music itself, I love the way the cover picture of the Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas of the human body suggests patterns in the sand.

John Ager

You know... I learned something tonight. I honestly thought the cover of Adrift off the Islets of Langerhans was patterns in sand. Thanks for the post, John.

2 comments:

  1. You learn something new every day Thomas! John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your pancreas looks like that, get it checked out, because the photograph is of sand on a beach... On the other hand, maybe they should have checked out the beach for looking like a pancreas, but I don't think so... The CD edition comes with a little more artwork, all of it of a littoral rather than a pancreatic nature.
    - Earthrid (the "label" for this release, and so on artwork duties).

    ReplyDelete